Bottom Feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMOOOZZZ

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

Well I feel lucky to have found you after weeks of not knowing why my fish were dying and no fish store were helpful I found out about Cycling through your forum, it was successful and now we have happy semi agreesive fishies!

Now my question to you is bottom feeders, we purchased one I don't know the name of it but dark color in which sticks its mouth on everything possible. Well he wasn't eating hiding and died 4 days later. The fish store sold me food that dropped to the bottom but the other fish were getting to it first and I didn't see that he was even trying to eat, he looked depressed, I'd like to get another one or maybe two but I want you'r opinion. What did I do wrong did we not have enough algae? and maybe he just doesn't belong with the type of fish I got, please help. :(

is there any chance you remember what the tag a the store said near the tank?

could it possibly be a plecostomus?

making an educated guess based on the information you gave this is the closest thing i can think of.

but before i say anything advice wise i'd like to be sure this is the fish you had...

Sounds like a pleco to me too, if it was you should know they get fairly big and are extremely messy. Try google images to see if you can find a pic of it but I think pleco is a good place to start.

Try and get a picture of it for us. Then we can help you properly. But it sounds like you have some sort of pleco.

Back
Top Bottom