bottom feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquascapist

Aquarium Advice Regular
what's up guys? I have a few questions on the stock in my tank. first off I have 40 g tank with 1 gourami, 3 angles, 2 barbs, two ellipse catfish, and 1 loach. I want a couple of corydoras but I don't know how many bottom feeders I should put in my tank. what you guys think? also how many more fish can I put in my tank?
thanks for the help.

ForumRunner_20121212_231342.jpg

What loach is it? They shoal so instead of adding corys you may want to up that number first. You can add as many bottom feeders as you want as long as they're not crowded and you're sure enough food will settle to the bottom so everyone gets food.

I don't know much about dojo loaches other than they feel more secure in groups and they get BIG. I also don't know how quickly they grow but that would sure be a concern for me. I also thought they can eat smaller fish when they get larger.

You also have 2 eclispe catfish which again can grow large and eat fish that can fit in it mouth. You really have no room for any other type of bottom fish as the ones you have will eventually need a larger tank.

What type of barbs do you have? Barbs are schoolers and do better in groups of 6 or more but also most Barbs don't do well with Angels due to their nipping on the Angels long fins and feelers. So depending on the type of Barb I'd up the school to 6 or 8 and call it quits. Your tank may seem empty now but angels grow pretty fast and you've got mostly fish that grow pretty good sized.

Back
Top Bottom