bottom scavenger suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RWaltman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking for a fish to keep in my 30 gal. with my bichir to clean and scavenge the bottom and tank for uneaten food or plant matter. Does anyone know of something that will fill these requirements and not bother my bichir (he's just a baby about 4") thanks

Could get a few cories. They do a good job. You could also go with a few yoyo loaches. I love them, they are a ton of fun and they do a good job. I have 3 of them in my 29.

i have 4 yo yo in my 45 gallon tank they are awesome although one of the three is extremely fat not too sure about that because they usually dont breed in captivity (actually never that has been recorded)

khuli loaches, yoyo's, boarder loaches, cories, and shrimp will work (shrimp might get eaten). Skunk loaches can work too, but when I tried them they were semi-aggressive and would nip at other fish.

thanks guys I'm just gonna start adding ghost shrimp that way they can clean and my bichir can eat them at his leisure...he's getting big enough for live food now anyway...

Back
Top Bottom