bought ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talon242

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought 6 ghost shrimp today, they are really fun to watch. They seem to be holding their own against the other fish so its all good. Some of them have little round things under their tail, I'm guessing they are eggs but I could be wrong. Anyways they are soooo cooolll. :D

Oooohhh. Keep us posted. My tank is just about done cycling and in addition to the Blue Dwarf Gourmi I'm about to add, so is 1 Ghost Shrimp on the way.

Make sure they have a place to hide to shed their exoskeleton away from agressors. When they molt, they are especially delicate.

I agree with jaysono. In my planted tank, they will use any plant to hide in, hang out in. In my betta tank with my silk plant, they swim right up to the leaves and hang out there.

They are SOOOO fun to watch....I can sit for hours and watch them! Have fun, and keep us updated if some of them are carrying eggs!

ghost shrimp are fun to watch, when u can see them! haha! unfortunately my puffer likes them as a meal... i tried keeping some to breed, but my cutie-pie puffer decided that i had given him a huge dinner buffet. :roll:

Yeah, they are very good at hidding. Some of them found a nice place to hide out under a little rock cave I made. At any one time the most I could actually find are 5 out of the 6.

If a carnivors fish can even remotely get a shrimp in its mouth, it's dinner. I have 4-6 ghost in a tank with various other shrimp. Three of the ghost are carrying babies. Most of the babies rarely make it. The fish in the tank eat them, but the adults actually live a fairly long life for a FW shrimp in my tank. I've had one female for about 15 months now. She's huge for a ghost shrimp.

Shrimp are great entertainment to watch.

Back
Top Bottom