Brackish algae problem. HELP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Renewablemommy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm having a pretty serious algae production problem in my brackish tank. I am currently doing a water change a 25% once a week and during water changes I'm scrubbing everything with a toothbrush to get the algae off. Four days later my tank looks like this (I ckean the glass every other day, otherwise you would not be able to see in) . It's been going on for the last few months but it continues to get worse and I don't know what I can do to help. I don't believe there is any brackish algie eaters that will work with the species of puffers that I have. I have a small beta tank and a 55 gallon community tank as well that all follow the exact same water changes and have for almost a year now, and the only tank that seems to be having an issue is my brackish tank.
I'm going to try APIs algae fix today, but any other advice is much appreciated.

Tank info:
Salinity 1.008
One figure 8 puffer
One green spotted puffer
20 gallon (I'll upgrade as they grow)
Water change of 25% weekly
Penguin 150 biowheel

My picture is not loading unfortunately.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 47
I see the pic!
What kind of light fixture is on the tank and how many hours is it on for? You can drop the light duration down to 5-6 hours. Or do a split period / siesta...3 hours on in the morning, 3 hours off during the day, and 3 hours on in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Currently it is on for 8-10 hours a day. My son had slept with a tank wherever he was sleeping since birth. When we moved him to his room o had to move the tank with him. (6 months ago)
It has the LED lights that were on the tank and the tank is used as a nightlight and ambient sound at night. During the day we keep l the lights off in the room and tank and the wooden blinds closed tight. He plays in the playroom do his room gets little light between 6 am and 8 pm

Back
Top Bottom