Brackish fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canterthefishman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have a 55 gallon brackish water aquarium. I currently have a small archerfish and a mono. I wanted to get some other fish anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

Yay brackish water!!! But anyways it's really up to what you want to do. You could do another archer. Monos are schooling fish so you should probably get another one of those. But you could do s scat or two and some green spotted puffers or some figure 8 puffers. All these fish are going to need a bigger tank eventually though. You could also do some orange chromides

Scats are awesome, you will fall in love with them. I like Ruby Scats :)

Attachments

• image-2811483857.jpg
    image-2811483857.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 79
I would recommnd a few more monos. Also, bumble bee gobies! So cute!
Puffers make bad community dwellers, and gsp need full marine eventually.

Both mono and archer need to be in schools. Both will also grow at least up to 6inches. I don't see a school of either fish fitting into your 55g. Maybe you could get 1 more of each fish to make your current livestock feel more comfortable.

Then maybe get 1-2 knight goby since they stay inside their cave at the bottom of your tank for most of the day. I get nervous seeing bumblebee gobies being with tankmates much larger then them.

Both mono and archer need to be in schools. Both will also grow at least up to 6inches. I don't see a school of either fish fitting into your 55g. Maybe you could get 1 more of each fish to make your current livestock feel more comfortable.

Then maybe get 1-2 knight goby since they stay inside their cave at the bottom of your tank for most of the day. I get nervous seeing bumblebee gobies being with tankmates much larger then them.
Thats fair. Knight gobies would be better than bumblebees.

I've always thought those little Dusky Panther Gobies were awesome, but I think they're too small for what you have in there already :)

Back
Top Bottom