Brackish fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbseven

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had three ballon mollies, and two Bumblebee gobies in a freshwater tank for about 6 months. No salt straight fresh water. I had one outbreak of ick. But nothing else. Everyone seems to be fine but now ive done some more research if come to the fact there brackish fish. :oops: 8O Should I change my tank to brackish or leave it how it is. What would be better for them now. :(

Agreed. The goby needs the salt to thrive and be at its healthiest and mollies love the salt. It's a perfect match! I have a brackish tank of guppies and a knight goby and it has worked out wonderfully.

I have kept a BW bb goby and Celebes tank for a couple of years. Converting the tank is not hard and it will open up a new area of the hobby for you :D I know I have described in detail how to slowly convert a FW tank to BW in the past and you should be able to find using the search feature.

I have kept a BW bb goby and Celebes tank for a couple of years. Converting the tank is not hard and it will open up a new area of the hobby for you :D I know I have described in detail how to slowly convert a FW tank to BW in the past and you should be able to find using the search feature.

Back
Top Bottom