Brackish Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Francinej

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just wanted to comment that I’ve had a brackish tank successfully for quite some time...
It is not becoming more popular once people realize some of the cool fish they can keep, and that you can keep certain “freshwater” fish in them as well (for example mine has a dragon goby, 6 balloon mollies and 6 “regular” mollies :)
If anyone want to start one or has any question on what you need to do it the right way please feel free to ask! I will help as much as I can.... they are not much more work than a freshwater and not nearly the work of a salt water... it’s a really good stepping stone for those eventually wanting to start a salt water but are nervous about it!

That’s awesome! People think they are so complicated but what they don’t realize is that fish that live in brackish waters the SG can literally change from square foot to square foot so it’s not nearly as sensitive as full saltwater... really the most important part is to just not make crazy changes from one extreme to the next... but lots more flex then the salt water and you don’t need all the fancy equipment... basically they only extra thing you need is a hydrometer or refractometer (no idea how to spell that lol) which do you use... I have been using the instant ocean hydrometer and it seems to be accurate as long as you give it those couple bangs to get the bubbles out lol

Back
Top Bottom