brand new cascade filter leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiCichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I a new canister and it leaks like crazy i don't even think it's considered a leak anymore water just flows out of the canister like crazy. Anyone have any ideas

Where's it leaking from? If it's new did you hook everything up correctly? They have a gasket/rubber piece that goes around too, is that in the correct groove?

From the top water just flows straight out of the canister where the lid and box connect

Is there a seal in place there? Sounds like it's missing entirely if it's pouring out.

If its new, and unfixable, take it back and replace it.
Hopefully its something that can be fixed very easily.
Most cansiters should have a rubber ring/seal near where it opens up and closes. To stop water from leaking out from that location.

Can you take a picture?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I added a picture Idk if it works but this is what came.off when ivopened the lid

idk if i added the picture correctly or not lol

Attachments

• DSC_0170.jpg
    DSC_0170.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 186
If its new, and unfixable, take it back and replace it.
Hopefully its something that can be fixed very easily.
Most cansiters should have a rubber ring/seal near where it opens up and closes. To stop water from leaking out from that location.

Can you take a picture?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh it was a gift and the person who got it for me doesnt have the receipt ;D yay me (grateful for the gift though)

That looks like the ring that goes on the tube which you insert into the lid of filter baskets.

Back
Top Bottom