Breeding Mystery Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see do you use a python when you do a water change or good old bucket?

What should I do if some off the eggs from the egg sack seem to be deflating??

My snail is laying another egg sack at this very moment!!! This one is bigger than the first batch :^)

Cool. I would say leave the "deflated" eggs and hope for no fungus. If fungus forms, remove the inflicted part IMO.

absolutangel04 said:
Cool. I would say leave the "deflated" eggs and hope for no fungus. If fungus forms, remove the inflicted part IMO.

What does IMO mean??

Yep. Gboy is right. On this site, we often add that in so people know that the info we give is opinion based and is not an absolute fact. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Yep. Gboy is right. On this site, we often add that in so people know that the info we give is opinion based and is not an absolute fact. :)

Good to know :^)

Should the eggs be hard or soft?? Wet or dry??
They should be soft, but sometimes the outer layer of eggs gets dried and sort forms a bit of a cover over the others. Thats ok. They shouldn't be wet, but they need the humidity to stay moist.

absolutangel04 said:
They should be soft, but sometimes the outer layer of eggs gets dried and sort forms a bit of a cover over the others. Thats ok. They shouldn't be wet, but they need the humidity to stay moist.

When you feel them should they feel a little moist or completely dry??

When you feel them should they feel a little moist or completely dry??
Honestly, I would avoid touching them at all. Your finger oil isn't very good for them.
I do not personally know since I have never touched them before. Maybe sombody else will chime in...

My male snail has been on top of my female snail a lot lately. I think you all know what they are doing *hint*
Is that bad for the female. She seems to be in her shell lately. Can the male stress her out and make her die??

TyTy98 said:
My male snail has been on top of my female snail a lot lately. I think you all know what they are doing *hint*
Is that bad for the female. She seems to be in her shell lately. Can the male stress her out and make her die??

Probably not. But how did you find out what one is male and female.? Your male probably really wants to make some baby snails!

TyTy98 said:
This has been happening a lot lately

That is definatly innaproppriate for this site. Please remove it.

Ahahahhaha im kidding!! Hahahh so your expecting more already!? Nice!!

absolutangel04 said:
Oh yeah, you can do water changes. I would honestly just leave the eggs there, not you can take them out if you want. They need to kept warm and in humidity, so the tank lid is a good environment for them. But, you can move them is you want. I wouldn't put them on a towel because it could suck moisture away from the eggs. :)

Can I put the lid with the egg sacks attached to them on top of a towel??

119.778617&size=400x300&sensor=true[/IMG]

Is this okay??

Attachments

• image-3117268462.jpg
    image-3117268462.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom