Breeding mystery snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would the snails breed If i pit 5-6 snails in a 4x2ft plastic tub with an airstone and did weekly water changes?

I cant lower the water kevel in my other tank so i was wondering if the tub and the air stone would be enough?

I've never bred snails, but I've read up on it as I debated it. I would suggest using a sponge filter. Put it in one of your tanks and run it in there for about a month. Might want to occasionally squeeze some water from whatever filter media you are using in another tank on the sponge filter to seed it too. It might not be necessary but keep a heater in there to get some condensation on the sides to keep the eggs moist. Make sure you have a lid too. As for food just throw in an algae wafer in every once in a while or something like that.

Shoukd i reslly have a cover if they need oxygen??? Should i just poke some holes or something??

Yeah that's a good idea. Then the sponge filter should provide enough aeration from there.

Back
Top Bottom