Breeding tank designing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just added my first live plant on the right. On the left is a fake plant does it look realistic? This tank is is only for breeding my jewel cichlids. It's not the cleanest at the moment because I can't vacuum where the fry are at the moment because I might suck them up. My filter also doesn't work to great with a sponge shoved on the end of it. What can I add to this breeding tank to make it look more appealing and better benefit the fry. Also if you buy a plant attached to lava rocks do you ever have to remove it from the rock or will it grow fine on the rock. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400367741.899580.jpg

In my post i said "What can I add to this breeding tank to make it look more appealing and better benefit the fry." SOOO... Your comment is invalid and unhelpful.

Not really, you just said that you want it to be more appealing. Dont waste money and time on looks. My main 150g EcCichlasoma breeding tank doesnt look pretty, but they have spawned three times now. Just add lots of hiding spots, some way to make
Filtration better, and youll be fine.

Better but, it's still possible to have a nice tank and be beneficial to the fry. Cichlids will only breed in the right condition. So I have to keep the tank appealing for them.

Well i thought you meant appealing as in for you the owner. Cichlids will breed in anything as long as the tank is big enough, there are plenty of hiding spots, and the water is clean.

What kind of plant? assuming its an anubias or java fern, then yes leave it.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom