Bricardi, who knew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, by chance I picked up two bricardi. As luck would have it, they ended up being a pair. They've bred non stop since I've had them. The first batch most of the babies got eaten by other africans in the tank. I still have three of them and they are about half an inch long. Here are pics of the new fry, the larger babies and a pic of dad. Mom is reclusive and won't come out away from the babies. She just knows the camera or the angels in the tank beside them is gonna get them. lol

Oh, as best as I can count, there's about 30 new babies and I'm no sure if they are done hatching since I have no idea where the eggs are.

What is your setup like? Tank conditions? I am looking to get into Brichardi soon!

It's a pretty simple set up that was meant to be temporary. Barebottom tank with one fake rock (yuk) that they've been apparently using for laying their eggs, and a pile of slate for them to hide it. I also have some hornwort and duckweed floating in there. The tank stay at 80 degrees. I'll have to test the ph and post back for that. I'm not sure where its at. Lighting is very subdued due to the plants. If the fry do well, let me know when you are ready, I'll hook you up.

Back
Top Bottom