Brine shrimp eggs(not intended to adult size)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aznxcore

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

So I've purchased baby brine shrimp eggs (unhatched), that are San Francisco Bay brand.
After purchasing 3 packs of 6grams of these suckers, I read in the back of this package that it is not intended to reach adult size.

Why is this? I'd love to reach them to adult size, but if thats the case, its ok too, since i will be feeding my angel fry with baby brine.

If i hatch these brine shrimps, and then raise them, will they die after a bout a week or two since they are not intended to reach adult size?

Thanks for any info.

Heres a link to the brine shrimp eggs: San Francisco Bay Brands Brine Shrimp Eggs - 6 grams Hermit Crab Food

you are feeding them the egg yoke sack. once adults they have little to no nutritional value. after what 2-3 days the egg sack is gone and almost pointless to feed then.

you are feeding them the egg yoke sack. once adults they have little to no nutritional value. after what 2-3 days the egg sack is gone and almost pointless to feed then.

After their egg sac is gone, would I be able to feed them spriula powder to help them remain nutritious?

Thanks you

the fry its best for the bbs. if you want to feed to larger fish i would suggest other types of live food. with fry you want to get the most bang for your buck. since they need to grow they tend to need high fat and protein diet.

[
QUOTE=mgamer20o0;1033122]the fry its best for the bbs. if you want to feed to larger fish i would suggest other types of live food. with fry you want to get the most bang for your buck. since they need to grow they tend to need high fat and protein diet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. My ultimate plan to reach them to adult size is to breed them. Although I am aware it will be hard to raise then, I'm ready for a challenge :)
Thanks!!

Thanks for the reply. My ultimate plan to reach them to adult size is to breed them. Although I am aware it will be hard to raise then, I'm ready for a challenge
Thanks!!

Breed? well thats more hassle than its worth. I would of thought you would have to keep the water very salty. It would get polluted very quickly and need a high rate on maintenance. I read this after a google of breeding BS after the same idea. Also against that idea is the hatchery can cost almost nothing and the eggs are very cheap. I really don;t see any point when you weigh the arguments up.

Back
Top Bottom