Bristlenose Pleco appetite..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catfish Lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do these guys get greedier as they get older? I've got one in each of my 55g. I've had one for about 2 years and the other about a year. I feed them cucumber and zuchini twice a week. I would have to usually remove uneaten parts after a day or so but within the last few months the pieces are literally gone within 7-8 hours. Other fish are in these tanks but they just take a peck here or there. The plecos are the main culprits. They're eating as if they're starving. They get other regular food also and their is plenty of driftwood in the tanks.

I've had quite a few BN and I find that when they are younger they graze the algae on the glass a lot. As they get bigger I don't thing the algae is substantial enough and they tend to become more dependent on food provided for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My bn pleco will attack other fish that even attempts to come near her when shes eating her cucumber. Very greedy fish

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just watched my albino bristlenose go after my clown Pleco over an algae wafer. Guess it just depends lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom