Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Bristlenose Pleco Behaviour

One of my Bristlenose Pleco has a very strange habit of sleeping flat on her back! She is normally in her favourite log, often suckered to the top, sort of hanging upside down. On a few occasions now I have found her in the same position, but not attached, laying on her back on the bottom, mouth moving like normal.

The first time I saw her like this it freaked me out! But when another fish goes near her she flips over a scoots off!

Anyone else seen this behaviour in their Plecs? My others don't do it & she seems fine. Very odd

Old 08-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've seen my l333 do the same thing twice before, had me really worried, it was ages ago and hes still here, healthy as ever..... I think they just fall off when having a nap lol

Old 08-20-2011, 02:39 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieB
I've seen my l333 do the same thing twice before, had me really worried, it was ages ago and hes still here, healthy as ever..... I think they just fall off when having a nap lol
I think you're right, it's just not a position you expect to see them in, is it! I often find my Clown loaches laying in weird and wonderful locations, looking 'dead'. It really freaks you out sometimes lol
Old 08-20-2011, 04:52 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

My albino bn does this all the time and then I turn on the light to check if he is okay and he freaks out and hides under his driftwood. I'm always certain he is gonna be dead but its not half as bad as my betta who now has a habit of sleeping upside down against the filter intake. He doesnt get sucked up he just lays there on purpose haha
Old 08-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by itschromesteel
My albino bn does this all the time and then I turn on the light to check if he is okay and he freaks out and hides under his driftwood. I'm always certain he is gonna be dead but its not half as bad as my betta who now has a habit of sleeping upside down against the filter intake. He doesnt get sucked up he just lays there on purpose haha
Lol. They like to pull at our heart strings & keep us on our toes!

Tags
behaviour, bristlenose, pleco

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com