Bristlenose Pleco Behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiguardo

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my Bristlenose Pleco has a very strange habit of sleeping flat on her back! She is normally in her favourite log, often suckered to the top, sort of hanging upside down. On a few occasions now I have found her in the same position, but not attached, laying on her back on the bottom, mouth moving like normal.

The first time I saw her like this it freaked me out! But when another fish goes near her she flips over a scoots off!

Anyone else seen this behaviour in their Plecs? My others don't do it & she seems fine. Very odd :)

I've seen my l333 do the same thing twice before, had me really worried, it was ages ago and hes still here, healthy as ever..... I think they just fall off when having a nap lol

CharlieB said:
I've seen my l333 do the same thing twice before, had me really worried, it was ages ago and hes still here, healthy as ever..... I think they just fall off when having a nap lol

I think you're right, it's just not a position you expect to see them in, is it! I often find my Clown loaches laying in weird and wonderful locations, looking 'dead'. It really freaks you out sometimes lol

My albino bn does this all the time and then I turn on the light to check if he is okay and he freaks out and hides under his driftwood. I'm always certain he is gonna be dead but its not half as bad as my betta who now has a habit of sleeping upside down against the filter intake. He doesnt get sucked up he just lays there on purpose haha

itschromesteel said:
My albino bn does this all the time and then I turn on the light to check if he is okay and he freaks out and hides under his driftwood. I'm always certain he is gonna be dead but its not half as bad as my betta who now has a habit of sleeping upside down against the filter intake. He doesnt get sucked up he just lays there on purpose haha

Lol. They like to pull at our heart strings & keep us on our toes!

Back
Top Bottom