bristlenose plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Mine seems to be slightly aggressive. If any of the corys swim by in front him (actually it might be a her, I don't see any signs of bristles), the pleco lunges at the corys. There is no damage being done, but is this normal for them? He also rarely swims forward. He usually scoots backward or sideways.

Have you given the Pleco a variety of places to hide in? Mine needs hiding places or it gets all crazy when other fish get close to it.

there are 2 "caves" in there that I made, and 2 pieces of drift wood. He hardly ever goes into the caves, and he is on the drift wood a bit, but he mostly hangs out on the sand, wiggling from plant to plant.

Nice, sounds much better than my Bristlenose that just hides all day long, every day, for the last year.

Is the Pleco new to the tank?

I have a 4 inch male BN in my 15 gal with three albino bronze corys. He completely ignores them. I think your BN is just being startled by the corys' activity in his vicinity - I really don't think it's aggression.

Meredith said:
He also rarely swims forward. He usually scoots backward or sideways.
Ha ha! I rarely name any of my fish, but I named my BN, Lurch because of the way he swims! :D

Back
Top Bottom