Bristlenose plecos extinct from Atlanta, GA ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterluis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anybody knows where I can buy a couple of Bristlenose plecos around Atlanta. I had seen them at PetSmart on Howell Mill which is the closest to my area. However, my tank was not cycled at the time so I could not buy them. The tank is now perfect for them (with caves, driftwood, lots of algae), but I cant find them anywhere near here. I saw some at PetLand but they were $10 each (PetSmart had them less than $5). Why are they so scarce? Any suggestions of where I can find them?
Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
have you called around to other lfs? i bought some off a forum before now mine are breeding lol

Bristlenoses are not very common at the LFS (at least not in NY). I've always got mine from breeders.

I only have one LFS that regularly carries BN Plecos(albino, standard, long fin, and standard fin), but that is only because she buys from a local breeder. Another LFS can special order them..for a price.

Thanks for the responses, I thought I was the only one having this problem. I went nuts looking for them, I even composed a list of petshops in the Atlanta area to call every Thursday (after every petshop restocked). All PetSmart (list on website),plus:

Petland 4733-B Ashford Dunwoody Rd Dunwoody, GA 30338 Phone 770-396-7358 :: Fax 770-604-9862

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Fish Store (out of business): 6600 Roswell Road, Suite D [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sandy Springs, GA 30328 [/FONT]http://www.thefishstore.com/ [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]404.231.5111[/FONT]

Fish Forum (770) 934-6400 | 1353 Brockett Rd # H , Clarkston GA 30021

Asian Tropical Fish (770) 936-0068 | 4897 Buford Hwy # 163 , Chamblee GA 30341

Paradise Tropical Fish (404) 363-0099 | 4726 Jonesboro Rd # C , Forest Park GA 30297

Other than that, I dont know any other LFS nearby. Like you guys said, I'll probably just get them on PetLand, or online,

Thanks,

are bristlenoses the same as madussas's? if so, all the lfs in my area say they are out of season.

i dont know bout the numbers but you were right. they are different. thanks for the clear-up

Back
Top Bottom