Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-31-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

British Man Faces £1,000 Fine for Rescuing 60 Fish from a Drained Pond

Check out this article:

Quote:
A hospital worker who rescued 60 fish from their ornamental pond when it was being drained has claimed he is facing prosecution and a £1,000 fine.

Clive Roberts saved the fish in an act of mercy by scooping them into a bucket to move them to his own garden pond. The 58-year-old said officials at the Environment Agency told him he needed to go through red tape to get a formal licence to move the goldfish.
Unbelievable! An example of bureaucracy at its worst. If you have a moment, read the entire article. I can't believe this guy might possibly be fined for saving 60 pretty goldfish.

(If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it - I wasn't sure if it should go here or in the lounge)

Old 05-31-2010, 03:25 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is pretty stupid.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That is the once great British Empire, now tyrannical Nanny State with birth to death total control.

Assinine!

ChileRelleno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pond

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com