broke down - otto cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Picked up 4 ottos this weekend for my main tank. Things are tiny and hide very well. Seem acclimated and enjoying the algae on the glass and plants but they have NOT touched the driftwood. My pleco has gotten to the age where it now just sifts the bottom for food and seem uninterested in algae.

Will ottos eat algae off drift wood? I have snails and amono shrimp. The shrimp seem to love grazing the wood but honestly make a very little dent.

Should I just pull the wood out next cleaning day and scrub it off?

thanks

They'll stick to plants and glass mainly.. take a pic now and tommorow at the same time, you'll be amazed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine eat algae off of everything. But it is mostly the glass and plants

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They'll stick to plants and glass mainly.. take a pic now and tommorow at the same time, you'll be amazed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh they are clearing the plants and glass no doubt about that.
But my main issues is my DW which sits RIGHT under my light. Im sure when they get hungry enough theyll find it. After that Ill start putting in veggies again.

Was hysterical. My angel went to check out what the new fish was and went right up to the smallest one on the glass. He opened his mouth and the little otto literally swam right in. All that was seen was his little tail fin sticking out. My angel had zero desire to eat the thing it was all just coincidence. The otto was spit out and the angel freaked out and went to hide in his corner for a bit. Thought I was already going to be down one cat. Theyre def neat little fish.

Oh they are clearing the plants and glass no doubt about that.
But my main issues is my DW which sits RIGHT under my light. Im sure when they get hungry enough theyll find it. After that Ill start putting in veggies again.

Was hysterical. My angel went to check out what the new fish was and went right up to the smallest one on the glass. He opened his mouth and the little otto literally swam right in. All that was seen was his little tail fin sticking out. My angel had zero desire to eat the thing it was all just coincidence. The otto was spit out and the angel freaked out and went to hide in his corner for a bit. Thought I was already going to be down one cat. Theyre def neat little fish.

So funny! I definitely love the otos, they are pretty entertaining.

I see my otos more then my tetras. Hopefully the tetras start taking lessons on how to come out from the otos lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom