Broken Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boogety48

Aquarium Advice Freak
My friend has a 46 gal bowfront that the brace at the top broke. He tried to seal it but when he started filling it, it started to spread so he emptied it back out. Someone told him to get acrylic cut to fit it and put that over it and use nylon screws but then someone else told him that was a bad idea. Does anyone have any suggestions I could give him? He wants to get his tank running again.

what i did was to get two small strips of plexi glass or strong plastic and put one on each side with ge1 silicone to repair the brase. but as with most brases they break by the edge of the trim then its just trial and error. best case senerio is to get a new one. check glasscages.com

He said he's going to try getting a strip cut to fit and using silicone and nylon screws. would that be ok? He's looking into getting a new top made though

My lfs can get me a new top trim for my 46g bf for $29. I thought that wasn't too bad. My tank's brace is also broke but I'm still using it with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom