broken hob....how long!?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheesy318

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Hob broke last night, took it to my pda they tested said nothing was wrong, I brought it back home plugged it in and nothing.
I ordered a Canister filter that will be here Tuesday. how long do my fish have? I plan on doing daily water changes and I have an air stone so there is still oxygen in the water.
Is there anything else I can do to help keep my fish alive?

What size is your tank, and how many fish? Chances are that with good oxygen and daily water changes, you should be fine. To be on the safe side, cut down on food and turn off the light and keep it off. If the tank is in a room with lots of light from windows, cover it with a towel or something to keep it darker. This keeps the fish calmer and their metabolism is slower, so they don't eat and excrete as much, meaning it takes the water longer to get fouled. Let us know how it goes.

29 gallon 2 powder blue Gourami 2 dalmations mollies and a peppermint Platy. Had a balloonolly but she died this morning.

I have cut back in the food. The towel idea is great. I'll start that right away.

They should be fine till you get the canister, I've had power outages that have lasted that time and never lost a fish. The air stone is the most important part

Back
Top Bottom