bronze cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
my bronze cory isn't looking so great, my texas has done some work on him. should i move him into one of my tens?

I would quarantine him ASAP. Has he been picked at? If so, clean water will go a long way to heal wounds.

he has been picked at. is it ok that there are other fish in the tank? 2 other albino cory's and some guppies

Yes, the guppies and other cories should leave him alone while he heals. Just keep up on the water changes as clean water really heals wounds quicker.

yeah, only his dorsal fin hasn't fully recovered, but besides that he looks great! i didn't think because of his age he would recover that quickly, but he really proved me wrong!:)

Thats good. As long as the water is clean, the fin should grow back. Watch out for white edges, because that indicates fin rot which can happen when a fish gets a bacterial infection after an injury. But, as long as it the fin edge looks clean, then it should grow back in no time. :) How old is he?

Oh! Yeah, to my knowledge, they should live about 4-5 years. Mine are not that old yet, so I don't have experience with their lifespan...

Mumma, you could be right. I would have to research it a little more. I know most tetras should live 3-5 years, angels and some other cichlids can live over a decade. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Mumma, you could be right. I would have to research it a little more. I know most tetras should live 3-5 years, angels and some other cichlids can live over a decade. :)

I did a little bit of reading. Just from what I read some say 2-3 years some say 4-5 some 5-10 and one site even said 20!

Back
Top Bottom