Bronze Cory and Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello!
I have 2 poor little bronze corys and i wanted to put them into a tank i set up today. Now the problem is that the tank is 30L and i am going to put shrimp in there (RCS) I was wondering how well they would mix i will post photo as soon as possible

Adult shrimp should be fine. Baby shrimplets will probably be eaten by the corys when they stumble upon them. The corys won't go hunting them down or anything, but if there is a shrimplet near its mouth it will become a snack. The more mosses & other stuff (plants, driftwood, etc.) you put in the tank, especially stuff that is up off the surface of the substrate, the more likely it is you will still have some baby shrimps surviving to adulthood.

Adult shrimp should be fine. Baby shrimplets will probably be eaten by the corys when they stumble upon them. The corys won't go hunting them down or anything, but if there is a shrimplet near its mouth it will become a snack. The more mosses & other stuff (plants, driftwood, etc.) you put in the tank, especially stuff that is up off the surface of the substrate, the more likely it is you will still have some baby shrimps surviving to adulthood.

I agree with JohnPaul. they will eat the shrimplets if they come upon them and they are small enough to fit in their mouths. catfish will eat anything they can.

is this a 30gal long or 30 liter?

I agree with JP and don't....

I've never seen a shrimplet that would be static enough to be at risk from cories. Cories are pretty haphazard searchers, shrimp go from 0 to 60 in no time. I personally wouldn't hesitate to put cories and shrimp together. That's about the only fish I'd say that about.

Back
Top Bottom