Bronze Corydoras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hb3133

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have 4 bronze corydoras in my 20 gallon FW community tank. Along with the cory cats, I have 4 Harlequin Rasboras and 5 Black Neon Tetras. My questions concerns the broze corydoras. They seem to be very shy and when I get close to the tank, they scatter and hide in the rock caves. Is this species known for its shyness or is this an isolated experience?

All of our Corys (we have 3 different kinds) are very shy. The only time they are not shy is when there is food out.

We have 6 cories in a 10 gallon tank and they always greet up when we come into the room. They are the only kind of fish in the tank though.

The tend to be nocturnal in the wild so they are a rather shy fish. I notice that my bronze corys seem much more shy than my peppered. My albino is blind so she isn't shy at all. And I have just found a batch of babies in the tank, bronze babies, so it will be interesting to see if they also grow up to be shy or else are used to me being there watching.

Back
Top Bottom