Brother's project...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bichir Bro

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so my brother who's a senior in high school has a project where he must take a betta to class, I unfortunately have no clue what they'll do with it but it's nothing good. He must have it in class by tomorrow, normally id have no problem with this but only for short term but the betta, by rubric of project, must be in a large bottle of coke....FOR 7 WEEKS!!!!!!!!! There will be no coke but in those 7 weeks I'm assuming no one in that class will have the mind to clean her cup but I'm going up there every week to do so (it's all they'll let me). Now is there anything I can do to make her miserable time in there any better? I've already got some plants and rocks that my bros takin with him but his teacher may not allow that because it's not in the rubric. If he does not do this project he will fail so I can't not allow him to not take it, so is there anything else I can do?

I can't imagine the inhumane treatment of an animal in a school project like that can even be legal let alone grounds for failing a person that doesn't want to do it.....

Yeah when I heard it I wanted to go slap his teacher but apparently that's frowned upon

I remember when I was in elementary school one day in science class we took glasses that had little goldfish in them and added ice cubes. The fish did not like that and would jump out of the cups, so we had to hold our hands over the cup to keep them in. They eventually stopped moving and sunk to the bottom.

Took the ice cubes out and let the water warm back up, and they became mobile again. I never got the fish's input on how he liked that experiment...

It's amazing how some people accept and never argue about this kind of abuse to fish. Fish are horribly mistreated by some people and it's sickening. What would people say if carnivals gave away dogs or cats? What would they say if they did these kinds of experiments on dogs and cats? People would be suing them like no tomorrow. But just because they're fish it's somehow acceptable to keep them in conditions like this for weeks on end. We need more people like those on this website in the world.

I'm gonna blame Kurt Cobain. "It's ok to eat fish, because they have no feelings..."

Back
Top Bottom