Brown algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just regular algae. Could have been caused by not enough weekly water changes, overstocking. A Plecoptera could clean it up easily

Well if your tank is new then it's kind of normal for brown diatoms aka brown algae to appear. Usually it's caused by silicates in your water, you can keep scrubbing it off with every water change until it eventually goes away. Your water source may have a lot of silicates in it which means you will be dealing with diatoms for awhile but it will usually go away on its own.

The tanks been up for over 3 months and I do a 10gal water change a week

It's a 55 and I only have 10 fish in it and they are all small I have 6 platy 3 croy and two really small algae eaters

On my 26 gallon I do small water changes every week and 25% every month

I have to do 10 a week bc I'm running bare bottom do it looks nasty if I don't

brown algae, diatoms can show up in a new tank. They are relatively self limiting and will eventually go away. And yes, 3 months can still be considered a new tank.

a 10gallon water change once a week is only 20% so I don't see any problems there, that seems sufficient for your bioload.

What are you current tank parameters? I mean readings of Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate?

Not sure I had it tested at the LCD today and they said everything was fine..

And by 3 months that's how long it's been with fish in it.. It was up 3-4 months with out anything in it

Back
Top Bottom