Brown Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake_71

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon with 3 zebra danios 1 black molly and 1 dwarf gourami. Its a year old tank. I do a 25% water change once a week i keep my LED tank light on about 6 1/2 hours a day. I use aqua safe plus water conditioner and I use 10 cc's of easy balance I have a 10 gallon with 3 zebra danios 1 black molly and 1 dwarf gourami. I do a 25% water change once a week I use aqua safe plus water conditioner and I use 10 cc's of easy balance plus once a week. 0 ammonia 0 nitrite 10 nitrate 7.5 ph.
I have a average brown algae issue on my tank plants rocks and on some glass I scrub my glass once a week but it keeps coming back. I had this problem when my tank was set up but that quickly went away now it's worse and will not go away. I tried the tetra algae fix stuff but that killed my silver Molly an one of my zebra danios. Can I fix this with out buying anything? What could I get to fix this? The tetra algae fix did work for about a week or two but its not worth killing my fish for. I have an automated fish feeder which feeds once a day and not that much food so I don't think that is causing the problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this or just wait it out?

Back
Top Bottom