Brown coloring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DRT843

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So in my tank I have noticed that the gravel, walls, and some decorations and plants have this brown coloring to them that is a rusty color but wipes off easily. I have cleaned the items with it, but it still comes back. Is there something I can do to keep this problem from happening? I have been cycling my water regularly and everything, but maybe I need to clear the tank and scrub everything?

Sounds like diatoms. Pretty normal thing. It should go away on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So in my tank I have noticed that the gravel, walls, and some decorations and plants have this brown coloring to them that is a rusty color but wipes off easily. I have cleaned the items with it, but it still comes back. Is there something I can do to keep this problem from happening? I have been cycling my water regularly and everything, but maybe I need to clear the tank and scrub everything?

Sounds like diatoms. Pretty normal thing. It should go away on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Definitely sounds like diatoms and is quite common especially in a newly setup tank. How long has yours been running?

Back
Top Bottom