Brown film like stuff forming on aquarium decor and walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm going to need some tips on cycling, in my 15 years I've never had any troubles, but for some reason these 2 tanks won't fully cycle I geuss. I have a full stock in my 29 gal as it appears my cycle had completed, so I'm going to need some tips to finish my cycle with a complete stock.
Thank you

What are your ammonia readings up to in both of the tank?

My 29 is at 5
And my 10 has went down to 3- I believe that tank has move do to stage 2 of its cycle.
It's my 29 I'm worried about as like I say its full stocked.

If your ammonia is at 5ppm you are going to have to start with massive water changes to get that down. Have you tested the tap water for ammonia?

If your ammonia is at 5ppm you are going to have to start with massive water changes to get that down. Have you tested the tap water for ammonia?

i am doing water changes, my tap has no ammonia in it. my tanks started to recycle-for some reason, is what im pretty sure is what i happening. the smell is because i have such a bioload for a cycle. my 10 gallon has started to do well, seince i started this trend, im going to continue daily 25% water changes daily, unti my ammonnia is down, then do 10% every other day durring my phase 2 of the cycle and that will keep my ammonia down but not affect my cylce to much.
im pretty sure this will work out.

Back
Top Bottom