Bubble wall help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meese-a-mew

Aquarium Advice Freak
My bubble wall will only bubble in a few spots and I've cleaned it but it won't work right. Could I like poke more holes with a tooth pick in it?

Attachments

• image-3532547386.jpg
    image-3532547386.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 148
I have a 100 gallon rated pump in my 50 gallon tank because the air wouldn't go hard enough into the four stones

Bubbler is fine. It powers other things fine.

When simultaneously used in multiple applications, it will lose air pressure. Is this a new wand? If not, check for calcium deposits blocking the pores. If possible, you may also want to shorten the air tube length by bringing the pump closer to the water line. It takes more pressure for the air to get to its destination when the pump sits below the aquarium. And, if you have a check valve installed, which I always recommend, make sure it is not clogged.

David

When simultaneously used in multiple applications, it will lose air pressure. Is this a new wand? If not, check for calcium deposits blocking the pores. If possible, you may also want to shorten the air tube length by bringing the pump closer to the water line. It takes more pressure for the air to get to its destination when the pump sits below the aquarium. And, if you have a check valve installed, which I always recommend, make sure it is not clogged.

David

Not powering anything else. About 10 months old but it was always like this.

I had that same exact bubbler. Ypu have to have a super powerful pump to get it to work no matter the tank size. I believe I used the biggest top fin air pump to get it to work

I am not surprised those wands need high air pressure. If you want the wall of bubbles effect, you will have to get a much stronger pump and likely only run the bubble wall with it.

They really should say on the box how large a pump is needed. And the longer the hose is, the harder the pump works, the deeper the water, the harder it is for the pump to push the air, and if the pump is lower than the tank, as was said, that makes it have to work harder too.

So there are a few factors that affect how much air pressure is needed to make some of these gadgets work the way you expect them to work.

Back
Top Bottom