Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobby56

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK so I have set up my new tank and I am getting alot of small bubbles floating on the top of the water and around the walls, what causes this?

Is it on the walls? My tanks do that if I just started it. Takes only probably a day of less to get rid of them. They go away by themselves.

EDIT: forget what I said and I would raise your water level higher to get rid of them because my filter causes it if water level is to low.

Fishie said:
Is it on the walls? My tanks do that if I just started it. Takes only probably a day of less to get rid of them. They go away by themselves.

EDIT: forget what I said and I would raise your water level higher to get rid of them because my filter causes it if water level is to low.

OK I will try that when I get home

Bobby56 said:
What about lowering the intake a little more?

I don't know if that will work because the bubbles are probably coming from the top of the filter where the clean water comes out of.

Tetra1990 said:
Nice looking tank. What kind of fish do you have in the first pic?

5 golden barbs, 3 neon tetras , Cory cat, 2 pleco and swordtail .

I have 5 golden barbs, 3. Neon tetras 3 emerald Cory's, 3 white cloud minnows, 1 swordtail and 1 flying fox. I'm going to the lfs tomorrow to get some more neons and white cloud minnows

My barbs school and also the swordtail thinks he's a golden barb lol. I got rid of the Plecos because the were common and they would get huge and they produce more waste than any fish I have seen

Bobby56 said:
My barbs school and also the swordtail thinks he's a golden barb lol. I got rid of the Plecos because the were common and they would get huge and they produce more waste than any fish I have seen

Yeah your right about those plecos!!! Cool I really want some barbs now!

Fishie said:
I like them a lot! Does yours school?

I have them with a rosy glass barb. They hang together, but my glass barb didn't really approve of them at first lol. All four of them seem very interested in my bnp. They approach it slowly, stare at it and when he flares up, they scatter and hide.

I know alot of other barbs are fin nippers but I haven't had any problems out of them! To bad u don't live in my area I would give them to u. When I bought my 30gal they came with it along with the sword tail so I don't have that much attachment to them

Bobby56 said:
I know alot of other barbs are fin nippers but I haven't had any problems out of them! To bad u don't live in my area I would give them to u. When I bought my 30gal they came with it along with the sword tail so I don't have that much attachment to them

When I bought them, I got the last three they had. Hopefully I can get some more. They need a bigger school. Have yours ever laid eggs, have they hatched? Mine did last sunday and I found 1 fry. He became lunch Monday afternoon :(

I don't think so but I'm not positive. I never seen any fry, that's cool though Mabye next time u can catch them in time and keep some

Back
Top Bottom