Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaplanner

Aquarium Advice Activist
Why does the surface of my tank have so many bubbles, one night I took out the air stone and it stopped but is it okay if the bubbles are covering 80% of the surface?!

Attachments

• image-1407892756.jpg
    image-1407892756.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 103
What's the stock? It looks like a bubble nest . If you have a gourami or a betta, that's what it is. It's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Don't mean to steal the post but I had this in my old tank, what actually courses it?

Okay, I really don't know what it could be, I've only ever had this problem with bubble nests.

i had a issue with bubbles on my 29 gal after a few pwc it went away...not sure if it was ammonia or freezed dry foods..if you put your finger in the water and it feels oily then same problem do a few pwc ...good luck

I have an air stone, but I didn't know they caused that much bubbles!:(

I know that in my tank, if the water level drops below a certain point then i get a ton of bubbles on the surface because of my filter.

It helps a little but still a lot, also when I feed, the bubbles go away but after I'm done, the bubbles slowly take over the surface

I've used rid-ich, rid-fungus,water conditioner(aqueon), and API water clarifier, but I do water changes 3x a week

aquaplanner said:
I've used rid-ich, rid-fungus,water conditioner(aqueon), and API water clarifier, but I do water changes 3x a week

do a 50% water change when you get the chance, only use the water conditioner. let me know if you notice a change with the bubbles.

I had a problem with my oscar tank because i was using too many water conditioners, meds and clarifiers at once and a foam/bubble problem developed.

Back
Top Bottom