Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I bought an aqueon mini bow desktop kit aquirium 5.0 because I am planning on having RCS so I wanted to have a breeder to increase survival of the young. I am still cycling it and I noticed right away that the filter wasn't breaking the surface of the water to keep it oxyengynated should I by an airorator?? Any suggestions

Hello Fish...

The water in the tank doesn't need to have a boiling action for good gas exchange. The surface just needs movement. Check the filter and if it's moving the water smoothly, then that's all the tank needs. An air stone does very little to aerate the tank. If you want more surface movement, then get a small air pump and attach enough plastic tubing to reach the bottom of the tank. You can secure it to the side with a small suction cup and plug in the pump. You have large bubbles that will really move the water surface. There are small valves you can attach to the tubing, so you can raise or lower the amount of air the goes through the tube, too.

B

Back
Top Bottom