Bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PandaKing

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do I stop this from happening? I don’t even know why I’m getting bubbles in my tank.IMG_2263.jpg

Foaming in freshwater can indicate an excess in proteins in that water. Try increasing the amount and frequency of water changes and see if that helps.

Foaming in freshwater can indicate an excess in proteins in that water. Try increasing the amount and frequency of water changes and see if that helps.

Alright cool I’ll do that tonight then thanks

Only thing I add is liquid plant food every other week and aqueon easy balance at water changes

Maybe the easy balance? Likely, it's as Fresh pointed out.....excess protein. Did the water change fix it?

Also am fighting water hardness as well, just tested water(only got 5-1 strips left till Thur) an it was
Nitrate-10ppm
Nitrite-0ppm
Hardness-150ppm
Alkalinity-bout 70ppm
Ph-7

Your water isn't that hard. It's moderate. I run 180 ppm and I'm moderate. My pH is 8.2-8.4. Your nitrates are pretty low as well.

Your water isn't that hard. It's moderate. I run 180 ppm and I'm moderate. My pH is 8.2-8.4. Your nitrates are pretty low as well.

How would I raise my nitrates? An ok cool was worried the water was hard

Lower nitrates such as yours is a good thing. You don't want them over 40 ppm. I would seriously consider getting a liquid test kit from API if you want accurate water readings. Those test strips are garbage.

Lower nitrates such as yours is a good thing. You don't want them over 40 ppm. I would seriously consider getting a liquid test kit from API if you want accurate water readings. Those test strips are garbage.

Ya I had some till a certain 9yo boy decided he wanted to mix em all together [emoji19]

Back
Top Bottom