Bubbles on betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilraen

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had a betta in a 1 gal tank with filter and RO H2O for 1 week now. I started noticing yesterday all this bubbles floating on top of the water on the edges of the tank, looks like saliva, I already did a 50% H2O change, betta looks great and bubbles are back. What is this? Is it true that it means he 'wants' a betta girl? :wink:

it sounds to me like it is a bubble nest. Anyone else who has breeding bettas want to help out on this one?

your betta is very happy and comfortable of where he is, if he is blowing bubble nests that means he's looking around his little area for a female to show them he is the hot one in the bunch....dont worry...bubblenests are what they do...need more info on bettas other then this....try www.bettatalk.com great site on all your needs for bettas. Good Luck! :D

I agree with the others -- your betta is very happy and content in his home, and his instinct to make a bubble nest has kicked in!

My bettas made bubble nests all the time. I never bred them, though. You don't have to breed the male just because he is making a nest. He's just doing what comes naturally to him. As you have seen, he will make a new nest after a water change.

Thank you all for your reply!! :D I guess my is super happy 'cause this morning pretty much the whole top is covered in bubbles! after yesterday's 50% water change. Love my little guy :multi:

Great! :multi: I used to tell my husband that someday our whole house would be one big bubblenest -- that's how big my one betta used to make his nests!

Back
Top Bottom