Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Budget Decor

So my girlfriend bought me a Marineland 10 gallon tank kit to put in my dorm room. Being to broke college students were trying to save some money on decor. Right now we have black aquarium sand a piece of driftwood and 2 fake plants. I don't want to have to maintain live plants.

I work on the grounds crew for my school so can I go out back and take some rocks to put in the tank as well. If so would should I do to make them safe for the fish?

I would really appreciate any advice on getting this tank going on a low budget. I also still have no idea what to stock it with. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

small bags of aquarium safe rocks are a few dollars at petsmart. otherwise you can try to do the vinegar test. You pour vinegar on a rock and if it bubbles its not safe. You don't want limestone or anything like that.

Brenna
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
budget, deco, decor

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com