Building a cave with slate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KingMaddog

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some flat slate stones I found in my yard and cleaned them up really good. I want to know if there is an adhesive safe for fish that I can use to make a cave and cool formations out of them.

GE1 is what you want. I believe it's the one for windows and doors. Make sure it's the clear one.

I would check at your lsf and ask for a product called holdfast. Or a rock glue. I WOULD NOT take a chance in going into a hardware store and asking for pure silicone or something. You can kill all your fish and know even know what happens. I've learned this from experience.

The putty used in saltwater aquariums to hold rockwork and coral holds slate really strongly as well

I would check at your lsf and ask for a product called holdfast. Or a rock glue. I WOULD NOT take a chance in going into a hardware store and asking for pure silicone or something. You can kill all your fish and know even know what happens. I've learned this from experience.

The silicone I recommended is/has been used many many many many times in the past and still to date is being used. I can 100% guarantee nothing bad will come from the clear GE1 Window and door silicone.

The silicone I recommended is/has been used many many many many times in the past and still to date is being used. I can 100% guarantee nothing bad will come from the clear GE1 Window and door silicone.

+1 it's been holding my tank together since September. 0 issues.

Back
Top Bottom