Bumble Bee Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I would like to know if you add1 teaspoon for a gallon to a tank with a betta in it,would the betta die?Because I have Bumble Bee gobies and according to my book it said some fish(bumble bee gobies)will do better and will not affect any other fish if you add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt to the tank.Will this affect my fish?my fish are 4 coolie loaches 1 male betta and I will be adding some more fish to the 25 gallon tank.This tank is basically a Asian River Biotope. :D

I would like to know if you add1 teaspoon for a gallon to a tank with a betta in it,would the betta die?
That will not affect the betta, that will not affect the specific gravity of the tank either.
Because I have Bumble Bee gobies and according to my book it said some fish(bumble bee gobies)will do better and will not affect any other fish if you add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt to the tank.
What book is this? BB gobies are brackish water fish. My gobies are kept in a BW tank with a specific gravity of 1.015.
I have kept bb gobies before in FW, and they do not do as well (then I did some serious research). Aside from that bb gobies are little nippers and I don't believe your betta and goby will get along for too long.

The book was "The Complete Aquarium" by:peter W. Scott.kSo I'll keep the BB gobies in their own tank and leave the betta and the other tank mates alone.I also have a question about BB gobies.I have had them for a while and they don't seem to be eating.They are still alive and look healthy but I never see them eat.The pet store that I bought them from said that they ate flakes while they had them,same goes with my butterfly gobies.I don't wan't any of my precious gobies to die,please help me. :(

Generally, BBGs do not eat flakes. Better try something else, before they starve. Mine love blackworms.

Put them into a cone worm feeder. They will squiggle out 1 at a time & eventually all the BBGs will be hanging out under it, catching the worms as they fall. Very cute.

okay thnks pufferpunk,and also I tried live brine shrimp and they ate most of it.Well i guess that is cause they are preditors.Also I want to try water fleas,have you fed any of your fish/fry water fleas.Please help me here,I have tried everything.And it said on a site that they would eat almost anything that can fit in thier mouths,so I wanna try water fleas.Thanks!

-amphibianboy528

Never heard of them. You can try small pieces of freeze-dried plankton too. Also frozen glassworms.

Aside from being finicky eaters, bb gobies are quickly out competed for food. My bb gobies eat whatever frozen foods I feed. They also swim around and grab food. How much salt is in the bb gobie tank? Have you checked the salinity level with a hydrometer?

well i havn't checked the salt for a long time so I don't know what the saltinity woulb be.But what should the saltinity be?

When I do a water change, I mix the marine grade salt in the water to go into the tank. I boil a kettle of the water to help the salt dissolve and add it to the bucket and mix. Once the water is back to the temp I want it, I add the salt water.

Back
Top Bottom