Bumblebee goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw this little guy at my lfs and I had to have him! I thought they were brakish but he said fresh! I brought 2 home and have them in a 10g with some driftwood live plants and sand substrate! So will he be ok in my tank as freshwater? I have had them for about 5 or 6 hours and they are doing great! They have nice color and swims around and gently lands on a rock and sits!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1452917572871.jpg
    1452917572871.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 1452917619464.jpg
    1452917619464.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 84
They do best in brackish, but it looks like you have the kind that doesn't mind freshwater. I may be wrong, but I believe they prefer to be in groups so 2 may not be enough. What other fish do you have? They can be territorial and like to have plenty of little hiding places/caves. Try reading up on them. Good luck!

They do best in brackish, but it looks like you have the kind that doesn't mind freshwater. I may be wrong, but I believe they prefer to be in groups so 2 may not be enough. What other fish do you have? They can be territorial and like to have plenty of little hiding places/caves. Try reading up on them. Good luck!

I woke up this morning and they are doing good! Right now I have 6 neon tetras with them they haven't bothered them! The tetras are going to be moved soon! I have them some driftwood and rocks They seem to like.

Hi if you have hard water then they should be OK. The only problem I had with mine was they were fussy feeders,preferring frozen bloodworm. They were also intolerant of high temperatures,above 80. Never had any problems with other fish in the tank,other than beating them to the food.

They actually ate the tails off my neons so I moved them to my betta sorority and they love it!

Back
Top Bottom