Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-21-2005, 02:09 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bumblebee Goby

I have been alot of research on this small creature and reallly like them.
From my research I have found that they can thrive and even breed in normal tropical waters i.e. they do NOT need to live in brackish waters.

I was thinking about geting two for my dwarf puffer tank as I am quite sure that they will not attack each other.

What do you other people think. Please reply

Old 10-21-2005, 02:16 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I have read mixed reports on keeping them with puffers. From experience, I know they do much better in brackish water. My bb gobies in freshwater slowly died over a 6 month period in which other fish were fine. Once I set up a BW tank for some, they were active! The bb goby does breed in FW, that's what it evolved to do. Since they are from an estuary environment, their life cycle involves both FW and BW. Their juvenile stage is spent in FW and their adult life is in BW. They spawn after the monsoons, when the water is fresh. IMO, stick with what Mother Nature intended and keep adult bb gobies in BW. In addition, they prefer cooler water.

Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to flamingonhot Send a message via Yahoo to flamingonhot
Put them in brackish...its what they are supposed to be in.
If you do put them in fw they don't do so well.

I only like putting them in species tank because either they get killed or they attack fish a couple times theyre size.

If you want them to breed make a little area on the side of the tank with a rock cave with java fern and java moss with snail shells scattered in and around it.
They supposedly go in the shells and lay there eggs.

Tags
bumblebee goby, goby

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com