Bumblebee Goby . in a freshwater community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sanfranman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I did not know about this fish until I saw 1 at a fish store. I would love a couple of them. I had researched them and found that they can thrive in brackish, even freshwater aquariums. Currently I have Mollies, guppies, platys, leopard danios, neon tetras and Julii Corys. I am looking for experienced opinions on this combination. Thanks!

I have 2 fw bbg in a nano community. Mine do well, but I honestly don't think you have the right community set up for these guys.
Your research likely told you this, but keep in mind that there are 2 species of bbg. One does well in fw, and one is reported to not do well in fw. Personally, I keep the fw one.
Feeding them can be tricky, and you have some very food-competitive fish in your tank, like danios. So, I don't think the bbg would get enough food. Also, they can be nippy little buggers, so I do not recommend keeping them with guppies. I did it for a bit, but I had to remove the gup.
Also, these guys stay really small, so it would be hard to see them in a bigger tank anyways. IME, they are awesome for a nano tank, but I think they just be lost in a bigger community. Not to mention, I wouldn't put it past a molly to try and eat one of them.

Back
Top Bottom