Bumblebee goby vs. betta turf war?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenNewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
As I'm selling off my tanks, I finally came up against the problem of what to do with my bumblebee goby, since he's my only brackish fish. I keep my betta's tank at work at 1 tsp of salt/1 gallon, so he's now sharing quarters with the goby at least temporarily. The goby has lived with guppies in the past with no prob and the betta has shrimp it leaves alone. There is a giant snail shell that I figured the goby would take over, and he did. Except now the betta hovers over the shell and when the goby left, he jammed himself into the shell. Of course, he only uses it extremely rarely, until this little upstart fish came into the picture. I'm going to get another shell and that will hopefully solve the problem.

That's odd. Definitely get another shell. Gobies like true brackish water, which 1 tsp of salt per gal is not, but you said it was temporary :fadein:

I'm selling the old ones so I can set up the @#$*(&@ 75 gallon. I'm lazy, so I'm trying to get all of the old ones out of the house before I haul the big tanks inside from the garage.

Back
Top Bottom