Bumblebee shrimp and red dot shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peyton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I ordered a shipment of the these. How hardy are bumblebee shrimp? I keep cherry shrimp right now and they do pretty good. From the info I have found so far they prefer soft acidic water, which I don't have. My ph is usually 7.6 - 7.8. Would they survive and breed in these conditions from anyones experience?

Also ordered something called red spot shrimp. Can't fint anything under that name but I think it's red nose shrimp.

http://www.petshrimp.com/rednoseshrimp.html

Anyone have any experience with these?

I have Red Cherry Shrimp & Bumblebee Shrimp. My RCS are breeding like rabbits, 3 batches since Thanksgiving. My BS are doing fine but have not reproduced yet. The shrimp will adapt to a wide range of ph. your ph is fine. Its more inportant for it be stable.

As for the rednose, I don't have any..sorry can't help ya

i think i may own three rednose. i bought them as ghost shrimp from my lfs, but looking at them tonight, just happened to notice that they looked more like the pictures on that profile than ghost shrimp. I had just read this thread, then went to go do my nightly headcounts when I noticed that.

Unfortnatly, I did start out with 10, the tiger barbs ate most of them....I may have to move them into their own tank now...and go back to the lfs and get more!!

I have not fed them anything special, they eat what my barbs and loaches don't.

Back
Top Bottom