Burrowing brackish fish/snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coldmachineUK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know of a burrowing (into sand substrate) fish, which is suited to a brackish environment of around 1.005 S.G. / 10ppt?
I am looking for something that isn't a snail, and if it's an invert it will need to be small and easily able to hide or confuse the puffer fish which it'll be housed with.

Tank size is 36G tall. No monster fish recommendations! ;-)

TIA!

Hmmm...the hogchoaker looks pretty mean-looking and also now I've got my tank aquascaped I don't think it'd be suited just because there's no much open substrate for it to lay on (there's rocks and plants in it now).

Here's the stock for the tank so far:

2x Figure 8 Puffers
2x Black Mollies (female)

I will possibly be adding a pair of orange chromide cichlids, but we'll see about that. My main concern is something to 'till' the substrate.
If I had gone with GSPs I could have kept hermits (risky though!), or nassarius vibex (again, risky but less so since the puffers wouldn't see them). But, the S.G. will only be at 1.005.

Any gobies or anything that will burrow and adapt to this S.G? I should have added: snails that can hide in the substrate (MTS are out owing to the hard shell) I'm open to as well!
Does anyone know anything about mudskipper gobies?

Edit: Ok, mudskippers need dry land for 90% of the time so they'd be quite difficult to keep I think. They can also leap a foot which is a bit crazy :O
Anyway, what about zebra spiny eels? These are small (6" or so in captivity) and are brackish tolerant at 1.005 S.G. Does anyone have experience of keeping one?!

Back
Top Bottom