buying fish at walmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scooter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:evil:
i'm still pretty new to this fish stuff (about 6 months). but it seems like every time i buy a fish at walmart they die within a day or two, does this happen to anyone else?

i bet i've bought 25 to 30 fish there and all but 3 have died.
i keep saying i'm not going to buy anymore from there but everytime the kids go they are drawn to the fish tanks and it's easier to get a few fish than listen to them scream and cry.

it can't be anything with my tank because any of the fish that come from the fish emporium do fine.

Yes, steer clear of Wal-Mart. Here in sunny Eng, the equivelant (owned by the WalMart brand) called ASDA are opening up a large shop near my girlfriends place in London, rumour is there will be fish in sale there.

I'm hoping not.

I think it depends on the staff and the up keep of the tanks . We have 2 wal-marts in my area the one is fine they do a great job and know about fish and have anwsers.
The other I would buy nothing in livestock, they have no staff with even a clue on fish and the tanks are poorly kept . All I'm say'n is get to know the store wherther
it is wal-mart or your LFS. To me, it is the staff and the help (god knows I need it)that is what i think is important in any business.

Back
Top Bottom