Bye, bye Felix....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, got a phone call, and a lady wants my pleco. She went to get a large bucket and taking him home. She's only a 10 min drive away, so transporting won't be a problem. (y)

He just tears up the tank too much....
But he'll get a nice new home....

Edit:
He's gone now. Headed for his new home. They got a huge bag from the lfs instead of a bucket. And boy was he fun to catch. lol. Got to hold him one time before he left, caught him with 1 hand. :)

I'm sure you're happy to see him go to a new home, but that's so sad that you had to go that route. I LOVE my pleco and couldn't imagine having to part with him - I actually went out and got a 75 gallon so I could keep him.... :lol:

What kind of pleco is Felix and how big is he?

At first I thought a sailfin, but then I do believe he was actually a common. Looks more like a common in pics I've seen. He was going on 10 inches and still just a baby, lol. He was about 2.5 inches when I got him in March. And was still very much growing, lol. He wouldn't take it easy on my plants either, lol. It was probably one of the hardest things I've had to do in this hobby, but I now know it's for his own good as well. They are placing him in a 50G until their 300G arrives in a week and a half for a large Cichlid setup. So I'm sure he will be extremely happy in the 300G. And being they don't live too far from here, water parameters are almost identical as mine. :)

Wow, that's a lot of growth since March - about an inch per month! I bet that was a hard decision for you but it had to be done. It sounds like the pleco will have a wonderful home. Maybe you can visit him once in a while too. :) A 300 gallon cichlid tank would be nice to see.

Back
Top Bottom