CAE becoming a problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gwillbo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i currently have 2 Chinese algae eaters about 3" long the one is very aggressive towards the other one and my other fish like guppies and betta, but the other one is not a problem i've heard nothing but horror storys about them on the net which i wish i knew before i purchased them, if i got rid of the nasty one do you reckon the other one will stay peaceful or become nasty ???
and also how long to the take to grow? i know they grow to 8" plus, i currently have a 30 gallon tank but will be upgrading some time soon

When they reach maturity I believe they all become that way. They usually also stop eating algae and that usually means a lot of people don't get out of them what they bought them for in the first place.

yea i was told when i bought them that the eat snails which they don't! i bought them without looking them up, so my fault really, learn from our mistakes, im hopefully gunna try and keep the more quiet one :)

Back
Top Bottom