Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 11-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Calling nano experts!

If you had a five gallon, what would you do? I've maxxed out all my tank space, all I have room for is a 5 gallon. Thinking shrimp or badis....
But what would you do?
Give me ideas!! This is the last tank I get to stock for a while.
__________________

__________________
emmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Dragon.goby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA, Ca, Yucaipa
Posts: 252
You could do a shrimp and goby pair. I have a red striped prawn goby in my 3g and he's doing great.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Dragon.goby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon.goby View Post
You could do a shrimp and goby pair. I have a red striped prawn goby in my 3g and he's doing great.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Aren't red striped prawn goby saltwater? I've never done saltwater and don't think I'm comfortable doing anything saltwater under 30 gallons lol
__________________
emmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
treemanone2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bridgeport, Ct.
Posts: 2,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmyk View Post
Aren't red striped prawn goby saltwater? I've never done saltwater and don't think I'm comfortable doing anything saltwater under 30 gallons lol

Yes they are. I believe Dragon may not have realized this was posted in the FW/Brackish listing.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
treemanone2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Dragon.goby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA, Ca, Yucaipa
Posts: 252
Whoops sorry guys didn't realize this was freshwater. But as for freshwater nano I would say probably a med-heavily planted shrimp tank.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Dragon.goby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Coursair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Francisco East Bay Area CA
Posts: 7,922
Shrimp
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417405088.986516.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	257082


Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
My 10g Shrimp Jungle My 10g Rimless My 5.5g CRS Tank They are a work in progress
Vid of my Shrimp Jungle
~ Tina
Coursair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
treemanone2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bridgeport, Ct.
Posts: 2,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon.goby View Post
Whoops sorry guys didn't realize this was freshwater. But as for freshwater nano I would say probably a med-heavily planted shrimp tank.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's all good !!👍


Quote:
Originally Posted by Coursair View Post
Shrimp
Attachment 257082


Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet ensemble. Looks like feeding time to me 😜


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
treemanone2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:03 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
hennaartist's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 396
Shrimp and 5 celestial pearl danios (aka Galaxy rasbora) OR 5 white cloud minnows.

Danios if you're using a heater and white cloud minnows if you're not.
__________________
hennaartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Dragon.goby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA, Ca, Yucaipa
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennaartist View Post
Shrimp and 5 celestial pearl danios (aka Galaxy rasbora) OR 5 white cloud minnows.

Danios if you're using a heater and white cloud minnows if you're not.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't danios need at least 10 gallons?


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________
Dragon.goby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
hennaartist's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 396
Not celestial pearl danios. They are considered a micro fish. They max out at 3/4 to 1 inch, and are quite colorful. They were first names the Galaxy rasbora when discovered but people soon realized they were better classified as danios than rasbora. You should look into them, they are great fish. I actually keep a few in my fry tank, just so there's some color in there.
__________________
hennaartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Dragon.goby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA, Ca, Yucaipa
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennaartist View Post
Not celestial pearl danios. They are considered a micro fish. They max out at 3/4 to 1 inch, and are quite colorful. They were first names the Galaxy rasbora when discovered but people soon realized they were better classified as danios than rasbora. You should look into them, they are great fish. I actually keep a few in my fry tank, just so there's some color in there.

Huh, very interesting. I would love to get some but I am completely out of room! But I would most definitely +1 this for the danios.


Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
__________________

__________________
Dragon.goby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
calling all betta experts Sicklid Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 13 11-17-2006 09:31 AM
Calling all plumbers and pump experts peterac Saltwater Reef Aquaria 10 02-27-2005 04:08 PM
calling the experts - tell me if I have room? malkore Saltwater Reef Aquaria 5 12-16-2004 04:54 PM
Calling all 50 gallon lighting experts WildFrisco Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 11 02-22-2004 01:51 AM
Calling Zo-experts sumphead Saltwater & Reef - Identification 6 01-03-2004 09:04 PM







» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.